Food Aid is a service created to help people in need by supporting them with the free supply of essential food items. Those who do not have the opportunity to travel to the two distribution centers receive food at their homes. Over the years this service has grown to be the fundamental support for hundreds of families in the city.
Duration of the project?
What are the volunteer’s tasks?
- participating in food collections;
- implementation and delivery of food parcels;
- restocking and managing the warehouse;
- activities at distribution points;
When do the activities take place?
- Mondays through Fridays from 09:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., at the Section at Via del Sansovino n’176, 50142 Florence
What are the requirements to participate?
To participate in the program, you must be at least 18 years old on the start date of the program.
A minimum of one day a week for 3 hours.
An elementary Italian language level is required.
A resume, cover letter and medical certificate are required
Are there any costs to participate?
Misericordia requests a contribution of €25.
Any other relevant information?
Participants will be provided with the Misericordia uniform and all necessary materials.